When you are ordering a seedbox with a Seedbox Provider, there are several torrent clients to install that you can choose from. Usually, one of these torrent clients is also uTorrent that is known as a uTorrent WebUI in the web-based version.
In this article, we will discuss in detail all the features and characteristics of uTorrent along with how you can use it to make the best use of your seedbox.
Once you get a seedbox and start using the uTorrent WebUI, you will have the uTorrent sidebar where important information is displayed. Here, you will find torrent information such as the total number of torrents that were added to the torrent client and the number of torrents in different states (active, downloading, seeding, completed, etc.).
Main Menu of the uTorrent client
From the main menu of uTorrent, you can find different actions in the menu such as:
- Add Torrent – With this option, you can load a new torrent file in the client.
- Load via Magnet URL – This menu option allows you to load a torrent using the magnet URL.
- Load Via RSS Feed – This menu option allows you to load a torrent using direct RSS feed.
- Delete – You can use this option to remove a torrent from the uTorrent WebUI.
- Start – This option is used to start a torrent.
- Pause – With this option, you can pause an active torrent.
- Stop – With this option, you can completely stop an active torrent.
- Move Torrent – These options allow you to move your torrent’s position in the WebUI.
- Settings – You can configure different settings in uTorrent with this option.
How to Get Started with uTorrent
Now, using uTorrent WebUI is quite easy and you can conveniently download torrents on it. Here are a few steps that you can follow to start uTorrent WebUI and use it to download torrents:
- Open a Web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox and then enter the WebUI address which was provided in your seedbox credentials settings.
- Next, you should open trusted Torrent websites so that you can download the desired .torrent file or copy the magnet URL from there. There are three ways to download torrents in uTorrent and we will be discussing in detail about all these methods below:
Loading Torrent using a File
If you are using the file method to load the torrent, then you need to follow these steps:
- Download the .torrent file from any Torrent website and then click on the ‘Add Torrent’ option on your uTorrent WebUI.
- You will see a window popup where you will need to choose the file that you wish to load. Choose the right path to your downloaded file and then confirm your choice by clicking on the ‘Ok’ button.
Loading Torrent using a Magnet Link
If you are using the magnet URL method to load the torrent, then you need to follow these steps:
- Open the page of the torrent file that you wish to load and then copy the magnet URL of that torrent.
- Now, click on the ‘Load via Magnet URL’ option and you will see a window popup appear.
- In this window popup, you have a field called Torrent URL where you need to paste your magnet URL and then click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
Loading Torrent using the RSS Feed
If you are using the RSS feed method to load the torrent, then you need to follow these steps:
- Open the page of the torrent file that you wish to load and then copy the RSS Feed URL of that torrent.
- Now, click on the ‘Load via RSS Feed’ option and you will see a window popup appear.
- In this window popup, you have a field called Field URL where you need to paste your RSS Field URL.
- There are two options available for download. You can select the option of downloading all feed items that are published or you can select the torrents you wish to load from a list of torrents that get fetched using that RSS feed.
- Once you have selected the appropriate option, click on the ‘OK’ button to proceed.
Torrent is Successfully Loaded
Once you have followed the above steps to load the torrent, you will find that the torrent load is successful. If so, then you can start monitoring the stats of your loaded torrent.
On the main window of uTorrent WebUI, you will find basic information about the loaded torrent. Here, you will find information such as the name of the torrent file, the total size of the file, download status of the file, download speed, upload speed, number of seeders, number of peers, total downloaded data, torrent ratio, ETA, and so on.
When you click on a particular torrent file, you will find the below tabs with detailed information.
In this tab, you will find detailed information about the torrent file. It will include information about all the files that are being downloaded as part of a single torrent file. You can find information such as the name of the file, file extension, total size, downloaded data (in percentage), and the priority of the file.
When you click the general tab for a torrent file, you will find different information about the selected torrent. This information includes the size of the file, download status (in percentage), peers, name, Feed URL, uploaded data, download speed, ETA, and so on.
In the Peers tab, you will find information about the peers that are connected to the torrent. This information will include things like the IP address, the client being used, downloaded data percentage, relevance, download speed, and the upload speed of the peers.
Finally, in the speed tab, you will find a real-time graph that will show you both the download and the upload speed for the torrent file that is being downloaded.